I used the Sketch Support November Add on Sketch for the inspiration for this thankful banner.
I hand cut the larger leaves first {using this template} and stitched them {also by hand} to an orange ribbon, leaving room between the leaves. I wanted to use the smaller leaves {from the sketch} for the part we would write on. I kept the leaves simple, without the chevron accent, and used the exact size from the sketch. I wrote "Thankful for:" on each one, leaving the rest of the leaf blank. Then I clipped them to the ribbon/larger leaf banner using tiny clothespins.
The banner will allow us, as a family, to fill out the leaves during the month of November to remind us what we are thankful for. Our oldest daughter is already filling them out! The youngest needs some help, but we have helped her fill one out as well {when we caught her coloring on it!}. They love it! Responses so far: "thankful for my sissy", "thankful for Jesus", "thankful for art" "thankful for ballet",etc. I love that we are being reminded to get into a thankful spirit in a practical, simple way that we can visually see everyday {and doesn't take up much space!}.
Check out the Sketch Support Blog for more ideas using the add on!



0 comments:
Post a Comment