Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sketch Support Blog Hop {and a giveaway}

It is Blog Hop time! If you are just starting at my blog, be sure and visit the Sketch Support Blog to begin the hop (there is a grand prize over there you definitely do not want to miss)!

The Sketch Support Design Team are all making projects using a sketch from the new One Page Sketches Volume 2 book.

Here is the original sketch:
My layout:
 
Since this is a "get to know the team" blog hop, we are each answering some questions. Here are my answers:


How long have you been scrapbooking? about 9 years off and on, quite consistently for 2 years
Why did you start scrapbooking? My sister bought me some scrapbook supplies when I was living away, because she loved scrapbooking. When I tried it, I was hooked. I love the combination of documenting events from our life in a creative way. It is the perfect hobby for me!
What is your favorite time of day to scrapbook? usually the only time I have is a little during nap time and then after my girls go to bed.
How often do you scrapbook? it depends on the week. I like to scrapbook 2-3 times a week minimum, but lately life has been getting in the way and it has taken more effort to squeeze that time in.
Where do you scrapbook/what does your space look like? we have a desk {that everyone uses} between the dining room/living room where I drag my scrapbook supplies to when I am scrapbooking. The only downfall is that I cannot leave my supplies out, they have to be picked up each and every time.
When I'm not scrapbooking you can find me... with my family or cooking/baking.
What is your favorite thing about using sketches? it gives me a place to start on a layout. However, my layouts always take a turn and usually turn out slightly different {sometimes significantly different} from the original sketch. But, I love that it gives clear direction as to where to begin.
What is your favorite sketch from Sketch Support? From this year, Two Page Sketch #24: 

Now for the fun: I am giving away one copy of each of the new books Sketches for Scrapbooking One Page Sketches (volume 2) and Sketches for Scrapbooking Travel Sketches. Each book is brand new and come with 30 sketches each! Just leave a comment on this post by 11:59 pm CST on April 21st to enter to win! 

Next up on the Hop: Suzanna Lee


Products:
Crate Paper {Story teller Phrase Stickers, Peppermint Ski Lodge, Paper Heart Love Letter, Friendship and Delivery, Neighborhood Chores, Random Accent Cuts and Phrase Stickers}; My Minds Eye {On The Bright Side Yellow Chevron}; October Afternoon {Sidewalk Marbles, Word Stickers}; Studio Calico {Autumn Press Scarf}; Target Washi Tape; Bella Blvd {Yellow Chevron Washi Tape}; American Crafts {Amy Tangerine Hello Letter Stickers}; Martha Stewart Doily Punch; Love my Tapes {Light Green Chevron Washi Tape}

141 comments:

  1. Cute page. I love your take on the sketch and great use of the washi tape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you scrapbook...I love to scrapbook!!! :D Cool, pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute page, love the mix of patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the post above me, this is a FUN lo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that cute stitched Title, great sketch and inspiring photos, love the colours, pps, embellishmenmts and products you used. nice reading your story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you used so many different papers and that you changed the picture sizes from the original sketch. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the way you adapted the sketch to work with your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you did with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sketch is a favorite of mine, too. I used it with some Patterned Kraft for a Christmas LO and loved it. Love the way it's so easy to scrap with the SS sketches, so easy to adapt them to fit the pictures I want to use.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, i like how you modified the sketch to fit your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving that scalloped doily border! Super cute! And those stitched letters from your title are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very beautiful layout that shows just how versatile sketches can be and how they can be changed up. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the way you used the border punch at the end of your strips of paper! Will have to try that one! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great take on the sketch. Thanks so much for the chance to win the sketch books.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like you used some washi tape -- I am going to have to try that! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving getting to know everyone better! Great LO!TFS

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how colorful your layout is! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yummy-washi tape! Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like that you always put your unique twist on things, like punching the bottom borders here.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful layout!! Can't wait to see your future pages.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your favorite sketch is also a favorite of mine. Your new layout is so pretty, and what a great honor for your daughter. You must've all been so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome, lo!

    Hugs,

    PattiM
    {Pattie's passion}

    I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great layout. Love the colors and the scallop dot borders!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for sharing, love the ruffles and bight colors along with the Thickers - those are my fav too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love how I can still see the sketch, but you totally put your own spin on it. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the use of the border punches and washi tape. I am a sketch fan too. I've enjoyed seeing how each person used it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations on being selected for the Sketch Support Team! Love the pleated and Washi tape borders :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very fun LO. Love the colors & the punching at the end of the paper strips.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great LO! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your layouts are always so different, I love seeing how you put your spin on Allison's sketches. Good to learn a little more about one of my fellow DT members.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your version of the sketch. I really like the border, a neat look!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a bright, colorful layout. Thanks for the opportunity to win!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great use of colour on your LO

    ReplyDelete
  34. I like your color choices and the border designs.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I really love this layout! Love how you created the background by layering those long strips of paper, and also how you used the border punch at the bottom of those strips. Love those letters and also the tape too!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Awesome layout! Love all of the colors and the washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  37. i love the colors that you used on your layout. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Just love what you did with the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I am the same way, Christy. I love using sketches because they are great place to start and by the time I'm done, it is uniquely mine I love what I have done. Love what you have done with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great layout, thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love how you adapted the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love how you changed the sketch to make it your own. I also like your use of the scalloped border punch. Looking forward to seeing more of your layouts on Sketch Support

    ReplyDelete
  43. Really nice layout, love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  44. love the page you created! truly a work of heart! thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thank you for the inspiration! I love your take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Cute layout - papers you used were perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Great layout Christy! I love the stitched thickers. Thanks for sharing :)
    -Suzanne suzyq28024@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Love your layouts- can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Cute layout and love how you altered the thickers with stitching... way cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Thanks for letting us get to know you better! Really like ALL your layouts! The doily punch is so cute on this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  51. this is such a fun sketch! i love what you did with it and letting up get a glimpse into your creative side!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Love the layered borders and the washi tape! Great inspiration! Thanks for the peek into your life!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Love how you used the washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Love the way you changed up the design with tapes - great achievement for your daughter too!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Darlene R.
    Thanks for this chance!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Great layout with all the bright colors and lettering. Would love to win the Travel Sketchbook.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Your LO is so cute, I love the border punch you used at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Bright colors, great layout. Love the tape!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Awesome layout :) love the lacy paper and 'stiched' letters! My scrapping is sadly lacking, the sketches are a great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  60. What a neat way to do the borders and folding the washi tape - cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. perfect! I am so in love with your borders!

      Delete
  61. Really like your use of border punches on the background paper strips. Inspiring! Janelle H.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Where do I start?? Your layout is so cheerful and love all the details!!

    ReplyDelete
  63. I love the bright colors used, and the punched edges of your pp strips--awesome LO!

    ReplyDelete
  64. I love the layout! It is a nice take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  65. I love how you did the letters on your layout and the great colors you used! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  66. I really like the letters you used for your title!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Very unique way of looking at the sketch. And I love the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  68. What a pretty color combination..... and I love the punched borders!

    ReplyDelete
  69. I like the washi tape usage. It's my new addiction, so I love seeing it on layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  70. I love how you used the punches! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  71. I love your topic, colors, and title treatment. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  72. I love your take on the sketch. Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  73. So sweet! Love how you used pattern paper strips!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Love the way you used the border punches!

    ReplyDelete
  75. great borders and tape and colours...

    ReplyDelete
  76. Your page is beautiful, Christy!! I love the pretty CP papers against the white background, the little punched scalloped border, and all of the fun washi tapes!!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Gorgeous page! Love your creative direction!

    ReplyDelete
  78. Beautiful page! I love all the pretty colors and pp you used! ~Bev~

    ReplyDelete
  79. Wow you really changed it up and its beautiful. love the layers on the bottom. very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  80. this is such a fun layout! I love all the bright patterned paper strips and the border punches! Thanks for the inspiration and the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  81. Those letters are so cute, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  82. Christy, I always so much enjoy your unique versions of the sketch and this layout is no exception! I can never guess what exactly you are going to do with the sketches but I do know that it's going to be a wonderfully creative layout! Thank you so much for being a part of the team! :)

    ReplyDelete
  83. Love how you extended the pp down and created a ruffle look. Thanks for a chance to win the books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  84. I love how you've layered the punched strips.

    ReplyDelete
  85. I absolutely love those AC Thickers and I love how I've seen them on two of our design team's blog hop layouts! =)

    ReplyDelete
  86. I love the colors of the papers you used here. The pastels (pink, blue, green) and brown look so great with the unexpected red! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  87. i really love the way you used colours.

    ReplyDelete
  88. Beautiful layout !!!

    Thanks for the chance to win !!!

    ReplyDelete
  89. What a sweet page! So glad you used Washi - I am dying to try it but need more inspiration with it combined with Allison's sketches - keep it coming!!!
    thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  90. Your layout is very cheerful and fun. I thought it was funny that your favorite sketch is one I just used for the second time. Love those sketches! Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  91. what a wonderful sweet page! love the mixture of pattern paper.

    ReplyDelete
  92. I love your layout and the lace papers you used at the bottom of page plus love the lettering, too. It was fun getting to know you. Congratulations on being on the new
    Creative Team.

    ReplyDelete
  93. Nice layout! Love how you have used your papers!

    ReplyDelete
  94. The scalloped border is lovely. Looks like your daughter has inherited mom's talent!

    ReplyDelete
  95. Very colorful! I love the punched borders along the bottom. Very fun layout!

    ReplyDelete
  96. Beautiful. I love the idea of layering the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  97. Really Pretty! Thanks for sharing!
    Connie O.

    ReplyDelete
  98. Love your layout, really nice with those colours!

    ReplyDelete
  99. Love your layout. Also understand the pain of having to pick up your scrapbooking each time you get done. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  100. Well I know I left a comment here yesterday, but as I was just going back thru today, I didnt notice my comment?? Oh well, how exciting for your daughter (congrats to her)!! My son had his art work picked to be displayed before and we were so happy for him!! Love your color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  101. Love your take on the sketch. I like how your turned the side photos into banner pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  102. Great colors & love the scallop borders. Congrats to your daughter on her artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  103. Fun way to interpret the sketch. Thanks for the chane to win

    ReplyDelete
  104. I like your size of your photos and love the washi border.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  105. Cool use of the washi tapes and border punches. Love the colorful background of your page too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  106. Love how you used the pattern papers as your bg. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  107. How pretty all your pp is for the background. I also have that punch, it's my favorite.

    Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  108. Love the cheery colors in this layout. :)

    ReplyDelete
  109. Your pages are always so awesome, creative and original! I love seeing your artistic take on layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  110. Cute page, thanks for the inspiration and the giveaway. :D

    ReplyDelete
  111. Love the colors on the page. thanks for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  112. Thanks for a new idea on how ot use that punch! And I love the letters...

    ReplyDelete
  113. Great layout!!!! Thanks for sharing!

    Selenaintx

    ReplyDelete
  114. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  115. Beautiful page. I love your take on this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  116. Thanks for sharing with us, Christy!

    ReplyDelete
  117. I love your layout - great use of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  118. Love the color and the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  119. Your colors are lovely, and how you did your journaling is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  120. Such pretty colours on your page Christy! I love the scalloped borders under the vertical mats-so feminine. And the washi...oh how I love washi!

    ReplyDelete
  121. I always love your small attention to detail and easy you made them! I just love your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  122. I like your fave sketch too...I've used it several times...for beach layouts.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  123. The sketch you chose as your favorite - I think it's so great for layouts dealing with swimming because of that wave at the top!

    ReplyDelete